“We treat sales like a product and invest accordingly”
Coming from a technical founder who knows what it means to build product, this struck me as the crispest description I’ve heard of how to scale sales excellence in a product-driven company. What did he mean exactly?
- Be rigorous about analyzing your sales workflows for repetitive process steps and bottlenecks — from top-of-funnel lead gen to post-sales customer success
- Build automations — using both 3rd-party tools and hand-rolled internal ones — to unblock bottlenecks and add tracking and transparency for every step and handoff
- Partner with the marketing function to load the system with collateral — decks, email copy and call scripts — and A/B test to discover what works best
- Invest heavily in training new sales reps in your tool stack, content and analytics *before* they ever talk to a prospect.
- Measure everything, make those results transparent and use them to drive continuous improvement